Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Story of the 4 year, 4 month quilt in process....


First off: This post is for my Aunt Alice who lives in Pennsylvania!

As most of you know Tristan & I were married in August 2003 - what you probably don't know (unless you are my mom, my aunt Alice, or Hilary) is the story of the quilt for my wedding. :) My aunt Alice is a crafty person who decided to make me a quilt for Tristan & I so we could "wrap up in love" for our wedding. Well, we're going on our 5 year anniversary in 2008 and the quilt's still not done! I've given Aunt Alice a few opportunities to back out (I told her she could just make me a small wall hanging, or even a set of potholders...), but she said she's going to finish my quilt sometime! (I just hope it's one of her new year's resolutions for 2008!!). But, seriously, the quilt will be beautiful once it's finished.....and I'm prepared to wait...I think the traditional 12th anniversary gift is for linens...perhaps she's aiming for a 2015 completion date!! Aunt Alice - I'm just giving you a hard time - don't worry! The material that's being used is show in the photo above - red & white to go with our red & white themed wedding!!

No comments: